Monday, August 6, 2007

Week 4, Thing 9 RSS feeds

In this exercise, I like having my own feeds that I can check at my leisure. It's like scanning the morning newspaper. One feed that will be useful for library programing is the Library Internet Index. Right away I found something from Family Fun on Valentine programming.
( http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/minisite/valentines-main-ms/)

One for personal (as well as work use) I'm enthused about is: (Full Text!!)
History of the Civil War, 1861-1865 view more info comment email item
The full text of the 1918 Pulitzer Prize-winning book by historian James Ford Rhodes. This "chronicle of the War Between the States both provides the general reader with a clearly written description of the events of four bloody years as well as reveals the self-educated author's belief in the war's cause as the evil of slavery."
URL: http://www.bartleby.com/252/
Added to LII: 2001-06-10

Can't wait to show this to my husband. He loves collecting Civil War books!

No comments: